1. this girl.watching her onstage. watching her confidence soar. i’m a huge believer in supporting local businesses and artists. her theater company DAPA is no different. support the arts. always. if you don’t support your local arts and business, we can’t thrive. these kids are no different, they put their heart and soul into every lovely second of these plays. they deserve an audience. and an applause. and standing ovations. get tickets online at the Washington Pavillion.
2. this mini backpack from Fjallraven. a few years ago, i downsized my mom purse to a little handheld clutch. the days of carrying snackies and wipes and coloring books were done and i was rebelling with carrying the littlest purse so “mom wouldn’t have to put everything in her purse for everyone.” but in between traveling and golf, i found myself needing something a little bit more convenient. so i went with this mini backpack. i had a totally different colored one picked out but Grace is starting High School next year so i thought i’d better represent her school colors. plus i’m sure it’s something she will end up “borrowing.” i’m loving having more room…i even have a little sketch notepad in there which is nice because my crazy brain never shuts off. use the coupon code TRAVEL to get 20% off your purchase write now at www.ebags.com
3. speaking of coupon codes…have you downloaded the app HONEY? it’s a game changer. for those of you who are guilty of shopping online A LOT (raises hand sheepishly for all to see), you NEED this app. as soon as you are ready to check out, you can click on the app and HONEY will find you the cheapest price. you and your wardrobe can thank me later. sorry pocketbooks. (who says pocketbook anymore?)
3. Vital Proteins collegen peptides. i take a scoop full every morning in my coffee. personally, i think the benefits have been amazing. just look at these… you can’t go wrong. the only thing missing is *smaller butt*
- Glowing skin**
- A more youthful appearance**
- Joint health**
- Tendon & bone strength**
- Healthy cartilage**
- Increased athletic performance**
- Improved digestion**
- Gut health**
- Deeper sleep**
4. my new Brick House Creation earrings. i recently picked up 3 pair and i have decided i need more earlobes so i can wear them all at once. because i totally would if i could.
5. blogging. i’ve always loved writing. i told my husband a few nights ago, “all i wanna do is blog, design, shop, and create.” if damn spring would hurry up, i would have thrown in golf. this is my 3rd post in 5 days. don’t get used to it. it’s a farce. a trick. a lure. i’m hoping to at least post 1 or 2 a week. they say you should have a blogging schedule. schedules scare me. so do puppets. i’m trying to stay motivated by taking online courses. i’m like a cool new student with a really awesome new mini back pack (see #2)
6. Sarah Beth Yoga. i religiously work out every single day. i’ve been following Tone it Up for almost two years. which i love and plan on blogging about in the future. one thing i’ve learned from lifting weights and doing HIIT is i still need yoga. lots of it. i just recently discovered Sarah Beth and when you find your yoga tribe, you just know it. she is utopian.
7. the greatest showman soundtrack the movie and music is pure gold. it makes me wish i could sing. but i can’t. but i still sing. loudly.
8. Classic Bourbon Manhattans. in the winter i like red wine. in the summer i like cool beer. i’m somewhere in the upside down (with will. sorry stranger things reference.) my drink buds are as confused as mother nature.
10. lastly, i’ll end the things i’m loving with Gracie’s play director Bob. Her first show was HIS first show. (Peter Pan 2011) i remember the first play rehearsal when we dropped gracie off…. the big kids took her in immedietely. now i’m watching her do the same thing with all of the small kids. full circle. i have never seen such incredible human beings in my life. they will change the world because they support, love and encourage each other. Last night, after her first performance, she came to the car carrying a piece of paper. A senior girl (which this will be her last play) wrote this long letter to Grace telling her how much she admires her for being 100% true to herself and quirky and original and to never stop being that. her words to Gracie were powerful and touching and i know grace will cherish them forever. i believe all of these kids teach each other those things. they are so powerful. and the magic all starts with the directors. the kids mirror them. A Year With Frog and Toad will be Bob’s last. He has been a huge hero in her life and has totally tucked himself into our family’s hearts. He is amazing. Everyone should have a “Bob” in their lives. Dear Sweet Bob, we wish you nothing but incredible happiness in your next venture…and we’ll be seeing you around….of that i am sure. Thank you for leading and teaching some amazing kids.