what do weddings and fall season have in common? they both make me wanna dance!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE weddings….i cry, i laugh, i partake in some beverages, I GET CAKE, i boogie, i cry some more, i reminisce about my own wedding day, i get to play dress up, ohhhhh….it’s just soooo much fun….pretty much the same with making fall comfort food, i cry, i laugh, i partake in a glass of wine, i boogie, …..you get the idea! i shall not hold out on you any longer…with fall season fast approaching~this casserole made me boogie right outta my socks!!!
- 1/2 bag Ronzoni Smart taste noodles (or no-yolk)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 stalks of green onions diced
- 1/2 green zucchini diced
- 1/2 carton of mushrooms
- 1 bag of steam fresh vegetables~ broccoli/cauliflower/carrot medley
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 12 oz cooked shredded chicken breast
- handful of shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar (Sargento)
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat)
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a glass casserole dish.
- Cook noodles and set aside.
- throw steam fresh veggies into microwave for time noted on the bag…i think it’s 6 minutes, set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, mushroom and zucchini in the olive oil until veggies soften. Add in the broccoli/cauli/carrot mix and the shredded chicken and toss together…set aside in a bowl…
- In a pan, add butter, when melted, whisk in 3 T of flour over medium heat…slowly add in the chicken broth…whisking together and then slowly add in the milk. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until it begins to thicken…..throw in the cheese and 1 T parmesan…mix well until cheese melts…and then add the chicken/veggie mix and noodles into the cheese sauce…stir to mix and pour into a casserole dish…sprinkle remaining parmesan and bread crumbs and bake for 20-25 min. Stick under the broiler for a few minutes when done to crisp up the top…just be careful not to burn.
Yesterday, we celebrated the wedding of two very special family friends….and every morning i wake up that i get to attend a wedding makes me giddy from the very moment my toes touch my bedroom floor to the moment my toes touch the dance floor….i am filled with excitement. I get to wear makeup…wear heels…wear a dress….spend a whole night with my family….and celebrate LOVE….i love love!!! Enjoy some pictures from our fun night!!!
last night was bittersweet for little Gracie…she has had a crush on Jeffy since she was a little girl….so all day long she kept saying things like “how can i be happy today, my boyfriend is getting married” and even pulling up to the church she held out hope that his fiancee would back down and she could take his place!!! throughout the entire wedding, she was flailing her arms in a “no” fashion, trying to signal jeffy at the alter and walked up to him after the ceremony and asked him “how could you do this to me?” with every joke and statement tho, she had a smile on her face…..i love my little jokester……
but during the wedding dance, she became a little goo-goo eyed when Jeffy walked across the room and asked her to dance….we were joking with her all night to play a little more “hard to get” and as soon as she seem him coming for her….she pushed her chair away from the table, stood up with anticipation and said “YES” even before he asked her dance….
and at the end of the dance, he carried her off the dance floor and i’m pretty sure, for the first time in her life….she felt swept away
Congrats Jeff and Tricia! WE LOVE YOU BOTH….well maybe Gracie loves one of you a little more!