my bed has become a secret place where i suddenly remember everything i have to do…i have been struggling with waking up at 330-4 am every morning…which means by 5 at night, i’m a bile pile of goo
i’m in complete zombie mode…between over indulging in halloween candy, having shingles and aunt flo visiting me, you can about imagine how much of a fun bag i am
i’m not in the mood to blog…maybe not so much as not in the mood…but i have really nothing interesting to post
i mean i could throw up a few pieces of artwork
or a picture of this little darling during our breakfast coffee date
or talk to you about how when i was at the doctor’s office, my doctor’s nurse asked me if i’ve noticed any sudden weight loss…and then she stops and says “oh yeah, right, you’re the one who steps on the scale backwards aren’t you? so you wouldn’t know” i was about to admit all the halloween candy i have thrown in my mouth the last few days….but remind tight lipped silence is golden…i refuse to let a number define me
because i love him and he’s brilliant and i want to share his mind and humor with the world!
JERIME OLSON’S RANDOMS
BECAUSE WHEN YOU CAN’T THINK OF A BLOG POST, YOU JUST PIMP YOUR HUSBAND OUT TO WRITE ONE FOR YOU! ENJOY
1. I would totally pick up hitch hikers if I knew I wouldn’t be stabbed or mugged
2. It seems as I have picked up a little road rage lately, which isn’t like me. I just think people should at least drive the speed limit, or if you are going slowly don’t drive the same speed as the other slow person so I cannot pass you. Also, I hate it when a Minivan passes me.
3. I say the first thing that pops in my head, which gets me in trouble sometimes
4. I hate the fact that winter is coming, let me re-phrase that. I hate that January, February, and March is coming.
5. I never wear normal socks
6. I wish football was 162 games and baseball was only 16
7. This is one of my favorite weekends…GO BLUE and Go Chargers (see #6)
8. I am not a morning person, in fact if you ask me to do something before 9am, I will not remember you asking me
9. For some reason I get really mad when I get woke up. I think it’s because I think the person did it on purpose. I don’t remember anything until I am told about it the next day.
10. I cannot wait for SOA to start, I still think about what happened to Tara in the last episode.
11. I always fear I will be wrongly accused of something and go to prison, I would not be a very good inmate wife
12. I don’t understand why I have over 400 Facebook friends, no offense but if I see you in a store and I ignore you and you are a Facebook friend, I probably should not have you as a friend on Facebook. I can see like maybe 50. Speaking of Facebook, why do people broadcast their good deeds? Sometimes, it is just good to keep it to yourself, I get more gratification that way. Last thing on Facebook…don’t ask me to play candy crush or any other Facebook game
13. I could give random hugs to people if they didn’t think it was weird
14. My passion is golf. Happiness to me is on #4 at Emerald, 75 degrees, no wind, no bugs, open course, cocktail in my cart, and all of my family around. However, if you are slow at golf…please let the people who are faster play through
15. I hate judgment. Let people live their lives, it is not my place to judge someone if they are doing wrong or sinning. Don’t judge someone because they sin differently than you. You just worry about you and what you can do for others. Don’t be so closed minded, we all bleed the same blood.
16. I think I have a little A.D.D……did I mention I love Costco?
17. I did not vote for Obama, however, he is our President. He may have made some bad moves in my opinion but at the end of the day I support him. I don’t need to see others bashing him, I can make up my own opinion and I don’t need you to force your opinion on me. If the government is so bad go to the Middle East, it is so much better there! No he is not Hitler or the Antichrist, unless that was reported today on the news but I have not checked it today..so if it is…I guess my bad…sorry…you were right
18. The best compliment anyone can ever give to me is …you are so weird…I don’t want to be normal
19. I love laughing, hearing laughing, and making people laugh.
20. I have a very dry, dark, sarcastic sense of humor. I do not meet many people that have that, for those that I do meet; they are very close to me. I always know when I am not going to get along with someone because I have offended them, unintentionally, in the first 30 seconds of me meeting them.
21. I have been in the Air Guard for 19 years (I will retire next year…sounds so weird), crap it’s guard drill this weekend and I have to shave my beard.
22. I wish Chantel and I could have had more children. For those that didn’t know, Grace was a fertility baby. So when people say, you only have ONE CHILD!!! Yes, we have only one. That is one of the most hurtful things someone can ask me. I wish we could have had more than one. I see kids that have the worst home life or parents’ divorce after crapping out 3. I just shake my head because I know we are awesome parents, but I guess it just was not in the cards for us…even though I love trying. To make up for it, we have 2 dogs and 2 cats…so those same people that say…YOU HAVE 4 ANIMALS…yes…sorry MR and Mrs. Fertility pants, we have 4 animals to make up for the stick people family on the back of your suburban.
23. I don’t understand why swear words are so bad…they are just words
24. I could eat out every night, however my wife is an amazing cook
25. The hardest prayer I have to make is to pray for someone to be blessed that I feel has done me wrong or I do not like at that moment. I am not kidding it literally is the worst prayer, but I do not want to hold resentment, and it makes me feel better after the prayer.
26. The types of people I do not understand is people think they are owed something. America is the land of opportunity, you can make it happen. People that don’t think they are wrong. I also don’t know why people are unhappy. And I also HATE DRAMA.
27. Some of my favorite quotes are: The people who confuse to and too is confusing two me, there are 3 people in this world those that can count and those that can’t, Darkness cannot drive out darkness only light can, if I fart you will be the second to know.
28. I love that my daughter has my wife’s and I humor, we laugh all the time in our house, I am the Luckiest
29. I hate entertaining at my house, first of all I think it is an invasion of privacy and when I want you to leave, how do I say it nicely get the F out?
30. I don’t understand why guys think they have to show me on their phone, a picture of the deer they shot last year and tell me the whole story. It’s always on the worst phone with a megapixel of 2. You don’t see me showing you the pictures of my Chuck Taylors shoes that I got on sale at the Mall of America…..huh do ya there Roger! (Sorry there is no Roger I know so if there is a Roger reading this I think your deer was awesome!)
31. I once had to visit a 3rd world country dentist with a language barrier…pucker factor was 11
32. I don’t understand the Bacon craze going on
33. I might be getting older but I don’t think Saturday Night Live is funny anymore, but Jimmy Fallon is the awesome
34. One of the worst things is having a fresh box of Cinnamon Toast crunch and after I pour it into a bowl, there is no milk. I love me some cereal
35. Sports Center and NFL Network are my go to channels
36. My dream job would be one of the Impractical Joker guys
37. I try and pretend to know the conversation about guys that know cars. I barely know how to pump gas, change a tire, and check the oil. If you start talking about horse power, fuel injectors, and U joints. In my head I am thinking about when the next antique show in Omaha is, so my wife and I can go and eat at Sushi Blue.
38. I try…I really try and to be good to people. It breaks my heart when someone is being made fun of or stereotyped by closed minded people. If your child was that person that someone was making fun of, how would you feel?
39. I have made it a point to stop talking or texting while driving. First of all it is the law. Second of all, it makes me so mad when I get passed on the interstate of someone texting and they are swerving around. Dude, if you want to put your life or your KIDS lives in the backseat in danger that is fine but don’t put my family’s life in danger because you got to respond back to a text message of a picture of someone’s deer they shot. Same goes for drinking and driving. Also…ladies…can we all agree to stop taking pictures of yourself driving….please.
(that’s funny he doesn’t like hashtags because this is a picture of us making a hashtag #eatthathusband
i’m also going to include a recipe…because that’s what i do!
my brother made this for us a few weeks ago, i want to dive into it and take a nap! (it’s that good!)
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans white garbonzo beans
- 2 small cans diced green chilis
- 1/2 onion diced
- lots of garlic…like i do 2-3 heaping tbsp full and sometimes even juice
- little carton of whipping cream
- fresh cilantro
- packet of chicken taco seasoning
- 2 cartons of chicken broth
just sautee the onion and garlic in some olive oil then throw in the chicken, beans and green chilis….add the cumin, cayenne and taco seasoning and stir to mix…then add chicken broth and whipping cream and heat to temperature of choice
top with sour cream, shredded cheese and fritos
this is my bro’s recipe so no measurements….that’s how he rolls but i promise, it’s awesome