Let’s start with the cupcakes. you should always start with cupcakes.
Mint Cupcakes with Mint Whipped Cream
- 1 box of cake mix. i used King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream or greek vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1/4 cup 7up
- green food dye
add cake, eggs, oil, sour cream into blender and mix. add in vanilla and mint and green dye and then slowly add in 7 up while mixing. place into greased muffin tin and cook for 15-20 min until done. makes 12 cupcakes. place in refrigerator to cool for about an hour.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
whip cream for 3 min. until thickened. slowly add in powdered sugar and mint and beat for 1 1/2 min until it forms whipped cream consistancy. add in food color. pipe onto cupcakes and keep cold. best served when chilled.
i’ve missed blogging but haven’t got a blog-gone thing to blog about. so i’ll just post a few currents. enjoy.
Currently Watching: 11/22/63– an original mini series on HULU starring James Franco. it’s about time travel and trying to stop the Kennedy assassination. Stephen King and JJ Abrams don’t dissappoint in the story line and i love watching the fashion, cars, music and hairstyles of the early sixties.
also watching Underground, a series on slavery on WGN. it’s absolutely heartbreaking.
and of course also The Walking Dead. and we are starting to wonder how much longer they can go on with the same story lines. don’t get me wrong. we love this series. but we are starting to feel like they’ve done it all.
Listening: my spotify has been on a lot. a nice mix of Cat Stevens, Flo Rida, Mika, Nathanial Radcliff and admittedly loving a few Justin Beiber songs. (can’t believe i just admitted that)
joy of cooking. gracie and i have it on our summer bucket list to cook out of here A LOT. i can’t wait.
and lots of blogs on colored hair. i recently have decided to keep my pastel hair for a year (if i can). kind of an experiment to see if i can do it. i’m still very self conscious about it only because it’s so different and people stare….people stare a lot….and i don’t like that. but it’s a challenge…and it’s different….and i’m an artist…plus my mom tells me she loves it….and that she’s so proud of me for taking the plunge.
last week, i dyed it pink again all by myself.
talk about hoarding….but i just wanna make sure i have all the supplies i need. i can’t wait to go lavender. and blue. and maybe two toned. who knows.
also reading up on trends. the big thing for home decor – gallery walls.. being an artist, i love this. it’s a wall filled with an eclectic collection of your favorite things. typically being handmade.
also trending – pins, badges, brooches…which rocks, because i have saved all mine from when i was young. i currently have them pinned all over my purse, but gracie and i have been slowly pulling them off and wearing them on our shirts.
Doing: We have been golfing a lot. In one week, we all walked over 30 miles golfing. Nothing better than being out in the fresh air, swinging my clubs and being with my family.
Gracie and I have also been cooking a lot together. I love having her by my side in the kitchen. I love watching her create with food.
also loving our card days on friday. every friday, we meet for lunch and cards (And a beer of course). it’s kind of our “winter” thing. and today is too cold to golf. so looks like a card day
- Younique Moonstruck Precision Eye Brow Pencil in Medium (eyebrows are hot right now. i’ve never done my eyebrows. now if i leave the house with only doing one thing on my face. it’s my brows.)
- Loreal Oleo Therapy Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner (so great for my dry hair)
- Bedhead Spoil Me Defrizzer (it is my first step in the morning with my hair. just spray and smooth. plus i love the smell)
- Bedhead Dry Shampoo (with colored hair, especially pink, i try to go at least 5 days in between washing. so on my 4th and 5th day, this shampoo comes in quite handy)
- Burts Bees Repair Serum (i put this under and around my eyes every morning)
- No7 Protect and Perfect Serum (finally at 38 (Almost 39) i’m starting to see some wrinkles. so i’ve been using this for about 2 months.)
- Maybelline Great Lash (i’ve used this since highschool. i’ve tried others but always come back to this one)
- Marnie’s Naturals Sugar Kisses lip scrub (this stuff i swear by. actually all her stuff i swear by)
- Loreal Infallible Black Velvet Eyeliner (eyeliner is another new one for me. but i’m loving this one)
- CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Spellbound (hot pink) and HOT (red)
Favorite Quotes of the moment:
these both are spot on right now at this moment.
Pet Peeve: stay with me now on this one. Trump. i don’t understand how someone so mean and negative is winning so many votes….i secretly wonder if he is rigging it with his money. now with that said, i’m not a fan of Hillary either. how can someone who should truly be in jail be running for president? which leads me to my pet peeve…..people who preach hate for either of them…some day soon…one of these people will be president….(unless some amazing philanthropist steps in and decides he/she wants to do amazing things for us and our country ~a girl can hope right?). we have to support our president. hate breeds hate. and we all need to just keep an open mind. whatever is meant to happen will happen.
Eating: honeycrisp apples with peanut butter. and my current obsession comes from one of my dear friends. put a layer of hard cheese in the bottom of a pan. i’ve been using provolone. let melt until bubbly. then crack an egg on top of it and cook however you like. i let cook and then flip it to cook it a bit more. serve over toast. i have had it for breakfast the last 5 days in a row.
Current Favorite Spirit: Hayloft Beer from Take 16 Brewing Company out of Luverne, MN
Looking forward to: the start of baseball season and my birthday coming up in april. my whole family laughs at me because i’m a grown adult (i strongly disagree) and i still want a TON of presents on my birthday. i want the world. at least bring me food. and i totally believe in buying myself gifts. all year round. because i deserve them. i’m currently waiting patiently for these.
Maybe it will be my birthday outfit?