Wanna know a secret? I hate planning birthday parties….seriously….I’m an all or nothing person….so the thought of parties scare the bejeebers outta me! So, I’m blogging a cheat sheeet for Gracie’s Rainbow Birthday Party…and this is one idea, I WANT YOU TO STEAL!
I uploaded 86 photos on our Art Moms Facebook Page here! i have emails rolling in daily with questions and questions…so I thought I’d do my best to help you all out! ~because….nope….I won’t plan your party….sorry 🙂 The party honestly took me 2 days to plan….I had Brookings Summer Arts Festival the weekend before, so Monday morning I threw my creativity into full effect and ran around town like a mad woman looking for decor….I saved the cooking for Tuesday! Here’s what I got for decorations…and between the Dollar Store, Target, Walmart and Hyvee, I got it all covered!
- Multi Colored Table Cloths (i got orange and pink ~found at Target and Hyvee)
- Multi Colored Plates (i got red, rainbow and yellow ~all found at the Dollar Store)
- Multi Colored Silverware ( i got pink, green and purple ~all found at Walmart)
- birthday hats (multi colored~ found at Dollar Store and Target)
- all different colored bowls (i had these but the Dollar Store had a nice supply of plastic ones~these are used for all the candy)
- Clear Serving Trays (all found at the dollar store…these are used for fruits, Offbeat Oreos, and Wacky Wafers)
- the Rainbow frame was the biggest hit
….if you don’t have a frame and rainbow paint sitting around, i recommend going to hobby lobby and just buying a frame and spray painting it in one fabulous color! here’s a peek at a yellow frame spray painted from the blog called A Glimpse Inside
- i also made a little memory book for guests to sign (for this i used our recycled art board but you can use poster boards and paper punch it~tying it together with ribbon)
- and finally, the food tags (i used our recycled art board but you can use any kind of different colored poster boards and then just tape it on the table cloths in front of each food
- Peculiar Pixie Sticks ~for yep…you guessed it Pixie Sticks at Dollar Store
- Flashy Fruit Slices ~ Walmart Brand gummy Fruits
- Gleeful Gummy Bears ~ bought at Walmart
- Monochromatic Starbursts ~all red starburst at Walmart ~you could easily just buy the regular rainbow starbursts too ~ but when i seen all red…i had to grab it!
- Loony Licorice ~ Twizzlers makes licorice that are rainbow colored at Walmart
- Glitzy Goldfish ~bought a big carton of Rainbow Goldfish at Target
- Psychedelic Puffs ~ regular old cheese puffs at Walmart
- Fanciful Fruit ~ a rainbow platter of all fruits ~used serving trays from Dollar Store and bought strawberries, canned mandarin oranges, canned pineapple, green grapes, blueberries and watermelon (i made 2 trays and then served a big bowl of watermelon on the table)
- Peppy Pepporoni (pizza from Dominos 2 Large)
- Happy Hamburger (pizza from Dominos 2 Large)
- Cheery Cheese (pizza from Dominos 4 Large)
Gracie wanted cookie cakes instead of a birthday cake so I got
- 1 roll of Pilsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1 roll of Pilsbury Peanut Butter dough
- 1 tub of Nestle Chocolate Chip dough
- aluminum round cake pans
- 2 tubes of Pilsbury Easy Frost frosting
- Wilton Cake Decorating Frosting
- and TONS OF SPRINKLES…which we had on hand
Make the cookie cakes in the throw away aluminum cake pans….i made 2 chocolate chip ones….350 for 20-25 minutes each, let cool and then frost and decorate
- Snazzy Sugar (name tag)
- Perfect Peanut Butter (name tag)
- Chipper Chocolate Chip (name tag)
For the OffBeat Oreos and Whimsical Wafers~Almond Bark was my best friend!
I bought one family size bag of oreos, 1 bag of pink wafers and 3 packages of almond bark….melt 1/2 package of almond bark at a time in a double broiler and then dip cookies in…laying them out in rows on waxed paper and cookie sheets….decorate!
I served bottled water and 3 different flavored juice boxes also! We lucked out that it was Family night in the Park…so we had games, face painting, inflatables, and a children’s play! Couldn’t have worked out more perfect! What a wonderful city we live in!