Oh Man….Dear Blog, I promise promise promise I haven’t forgotten about you….I think of you….a lot actually….I think of how good you were to me this winter and how you gave me something to do when the days were cold and nights were dark….you inspired me to notice little things through my camera lens that i would normally overlook….you gave me the desire to Paint my Rainbow Steps in the Garage (click link for more pictures and DIY tutorial)
and to make my first Rainbow Layer Cake (click on link for recipe)
but summer is quickly upon us (you would never be able to tell with the weather) and you and i need to take a little time apart…it’s not you….it’s me. I feel awful that i just don’t have as much time for you anymore…I’m working 17 hour days, my meals are simply grilled chicken breasts, watermelon, and salad-ish…..nothing fancy…nothing blogworthy, and my camera is gathering more pictures of artwork than it is of anything else!
blog….dear sweet blog….you require a lot of time….and a lot of planning…and a lot of thinking~I just don’t think it’s fair to you ~to not be thinking about you 100% of my time~ SO TODAY I WILL MAKE YOU A PROMISE~ i PROMISE to visit you once a week for sure! we will hang out….we will try to make it work….but we’ll take a little BREAK!
I will leave you with one TREMENDOUSLY fun thing to do with your kids…..I used to make these for my baby brother when we were little (he’s 27 but he’ll always be my baby brother) ~see…here he is….i lurve him! LOVE YOU BUBBA!
Last Monday we had my little niece Zoe over for a sleepover…My little Pippers….you embody such a big kind heart and the most contagious laugh ever….we just love you! You and gracie are just two peas in a pod…you silly little monsters!
We had so much fun with you here and Monday night was the first of many sleepovers we will have together this summer….ANOTHER PROMISE! we had a pizza bar for dinner…which ended up being more like Pizza Tacos because i forgot to grab pizza crusts at Hyvee so we just used little tortillas….and they worked out perfectly…..
- cut up all the pizza toppings,
- brown some hamburger,
- throw the little tortillas in the oven at 375 for 5 minutes to crisp
- let the kiddos add whatever toppings they want
- throw back in the over for 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese
they each had 2 so i think they were a hit!
you will need
- little clay pots (kids can paint before hand if preferred)
- mini marshmellows (one for each pot to plug the little whole at the bottom so you won’t lose ice cream when it starts to melt)
- pkg of Brach’s gummy worms
- pkg of oreo cookies (crushed)
- Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream
- clean pots and let dry
- paint pots (don’t paint the inside…just the outside)
- crush up oreos
- fill each hole at bottom of the pot with a mini marshmellow…shove that guy in there)
- fill each pot with 2 scoops of ice cream
- fill the top with crushed oreos
- garnish with worms
top with oreos and worms and the most important part~
ACT SILLY BEFORE YOU EAT THEM! THAT’S A RULE AT OUR HOUSE!